– My mom sold her condo recently! It had been on the market for awhile, but now it’s sold and the wheels are in serious motion. She signed up to rent a place that’s right next to my apartment complex! I’ll be able to just walk to my mom’s place instead of drive 15 to 20 minutes. It’ll save on gas for sure. Plus, she won’t have a mortgage anymore and some utilities will be paid for every month. Can’t beat that, right?
– I had a good laugh attack today. I was talking to my mom on the phone while folding some clean laundry. It was a peculiar posture. My head was cocked to one side to support the phone on my shoulder and my arms were up, folding some jeans. At the same time, I was trying to get a word in with my mom. She does most of the talking, and it’s hard to break into the one-sided conversation. I have to shout through it. She was telling me about something nice and I eventually had to shout, “THAT’S DEFINITELY SOME GREAT NEWS!!” She jokingly shouted back, “YES, IT WAS!” I started to giggle and once I got off the phone with her, I just sat down on the floor and laughed.
– On Tuesday, I’ll be setting up for graduation again. This time, my best friend will be graduating with the group! She went for her Master’s degree in Business.
– Our piano player for graduation does not work for us anymore. He has been asked to play the piano on Tuesday, and I hope he’ll play in December. Otherwise, I’ll have to find someone else to play the piano. I also have to find a new venue for the 2014 ceremonies, because our director is not happy with how difficult it is to reserve the hall we usually get at the local rec center. That’s up to me too. I don’t like this kind of change. I’m seriously not happy about it at all. I want stuff like this to be easy and constant so that I don’t have to worry about it. I don’t want to be in charge of graduation anymore, but nobody else has the time to deal with all the details and ordering. Until our director gets tired of me, I’ll have to keep truckin’. I needed to vent about it, though. I think that talking about it at work would make me sound like a petty whiner.
– On a happier note, I think I’d like to be a devil for Halloween. I have never dressed up as a devil before, and the local costume shop/party supply center is all stocked up for my favorite holiday. I have a dark red dress, I just need horns, maybe some wings, a tail and a pitchfork. I have flame decals for my fingernails and bright red lipstick. I’m interested in buying a red wig, too.
Hi! How are ya? It was my turn to pick the word for yesterday’s Saturday Scavenger Shot game, and the word was “happiness”.
I loved this book when I was a kid and I love it now. The comforter I have the book on is not yellow, though, it’s Clorox white, except for the flower design.
Laura B., I choose you to be the next, dedicated word chooser! Are you up fer it?
Hello! AlienCG over at “Swamp Gas and Moonlit Reflections” chose this week’s word to be “parcel” for ye ole Saturday Scavenger Shots! I’m late. Yup, that’s how I roll lately. Anyway, here’s my photo:
I received this parcel post last week. I ordered the soundtrack to “House on Haunted Hill” because when I saw the remake years ago, I was really creeped out by the music. I forgot about it, though, until I listened to a song on the “Breaking Dawn: Part 1” soundtrack, and it refreshed my memory that I needed the “Haunted Hill” music. Now it’s mine to enjoy at my leisure.
I’ve been chosen to pick the next word, so let’s go with: HAPPINESS.
Hey there, I hope you’re having a good weekend! Laura from “What Fresh Hell is This?” picked the word “shame” for the Saturday Scavenger Shots game!
My mom and I went to Perkins Pancake House after we shopped around at an art festival. I hadn’t had anything to eat before we shopped, because I knew we’d eat out. I’m glad I waited. I ordered a short stack of pancakes and then had sides of bacon and sausage links. I gave a piece of bacon to my mom, but aside from that, I ate almost everything. Nothing was left untouched. I should’ve felt some amount of shame, but….NOPE! The following photo is not mine. I should’ve taken a photo of my meal before I devoured it, but I didn’t think of it at the time.
Welcome to another installment of “Saturday Scavenger Shots”! The word is “spice”.
I cropped this photo of a container of pepper I have, so that you could see that it belongs to the “spice club”. Who doesn’t want to be a part of the spice club, huh? Riddle me that, Batman!
Check out my spice cabinet, people! Many people would actually buy a spice cabinet made of wood or metal or whatever. I used a shoebox because that’s how I roll. I have two kinds of cinnamon on the side, there; the sticks and the powder.
Speaking of that particular spice, there is something on the internet called “the cinnamon challenge”. I have not taken the challenge….yet. When I do, I’ll just have to get it on tape for a good, sick laugh. Until then, here’s someone else taking on the challenge. I won’t use a ladle, though.
Yo, Lovely Laura! I think you should choose the next word, what say you?