– I was at a stop sign earlier, in back of an SUV. Two kids poked their heads out of the windows, smiled and waved to me, so I waved back. I was tired and that little moment cheered me up. It reminded me of when I’d ride in the back seat when my family and I would go traveling. My friends and I would wave at the people in back of us. It was fun to get that kind of acknowledgement from complete strangers. Haha!
– Well, we reached and exceeded our group’s fundraising goal of $500! This not only means that we have over 500 bucks to donate, it also means that our whole office gets to wear jeans every Friday for the entire month of May. Woo hoo! We’re all very happy about that part!
– This Saturday is when we do the actual walkathon at the zoo. I’m definitely going to take some photos of the event; I know it’s going to be fun. Hopefully the weather will be cooperative. It looks like it will be, so fingers crossed!
– We’re having a potluck this Thursday that’ll be all about healthy food. I found a recipe online for some quick and easy shishkabobs that I don’t have to cook. I think I’ll prepare those for the office.
Hey everyone! For this week’s edition of Saturday Scavenger Shots (yup, I’m late again), I chose the word “portable”. Lots of things are portable nowadays! Here is my example:
Here’s my portable device that lets me play solitaire! It is lots of fun, and it’s very hard to put down sometimes.
Time to pick a word chooser for next week! You’re up, Laura!
Hey, hey! It’s Frrrridayyyyy!! Time for some “Friday 5” fun!
1. Besides on a sandwich, what’s your favorite use of peanut butter?
I like to put peanut butter on apple slices. Good shtuff!
2. What are your feelings about pudding?
That question makes me laugh; it sounds silly to me for some reason. I love pudding; especially the chocolate type! Sometimes I’ll add in a drop of peppermint and a dollop of Cool Whip.
3. What’s the best use for peas?
The best use for peas is to put them in tuna salad. My mom makes an amazing tuna salad and uses sea shell pasta. The peas, tuna and mayo get trapped in the shells and it’s all very scrumptious. I shouldn’t have answered these questions on an empty stomach.
4. Where can you go for a really good dish of mashed potatoes?
My mom makes some good mashed potatoes, along with Bob Evans and Applebee’s.
5. Besides gum (that’s too easy!), what’s the worst food you’ve ever had stuck in your hair?
Well thanks to some bully girls back in junior high, I had sticky, hard candy stuck in my hair. They sat down in back of me and my friends when we went to see a movie, and spent most of the movie insulting us and throwing things at our heads. We should’ve reported them, but someone must’ve because a theater employee sat down nearby later on and the harrassment stopped.
That’s that for now! Tune in tomorrow for another fun game of “Saturday Scavenger Shots”! If you want to play, the word will be “portable”. Have a great weekend!
A water main broke under a main street in my town yesterday. Thankfully, I didn’t have to go to work until noon that day, so I didn’t have to drive through standing water. An advisory went out to everyone that we should boil our water. We couldn’t brew coffee at work or use the water fountains, but we all adapted. Crisis averted! :D
I’ve got a mini vacation coming up! Yay! I requested a Friday and Monday off in the next few weeks, but I forgot which week; either next week or the week after next. It’ll be a nice little break, though, whenever it happens!
I think that’s it for now, but I thought I’d try for three posts in a row this week (so far)!
How bout that? Two posts in a row! I missed last week’s edition of “Friday 5”, so I thought I’d play today.
1. What are the top three reasons for getting up early on a weekend?
- Bathroom break
- I’ve had enough rest and want to start the day
- Something exciting to do
2. What are the top three reasons for getting into whatever your current job is?
- Steady income
- Get to learn new things from each department
3. What are the top three reasons for loving you?
- Good sense of humor
- I like to color coordinate the color of my PJs with my underwear and slippers
- I’m independent
4. What are the top three reasons for spending more money than you should?
- Celebrating the weekend
- Need food
- It’s my credit card and I’ll cry if I want to
5. What are the top three reasons to be grateful today?
- I’m alive
- I’m loved
- Although there are things I can improve upon, I really like my life right now.
– I keep thinking that I smell like plastic today. I got out of bed earlier than usual this morning and figured I’d hop in the shower real quick. Once I did that, I still had more time; even after brushing my teeth and putting on makeup. I figured, while I’m there, I might as well spray the bathroom down and give it a good cleaning; or at least clean the nozzles and toilet. The cleaner I have has bleach in it, and I think that’s the smell that’s trapped in my senses. I have perfume on, and maybe that’s mixing together into a weird potpourri. Anyway, begone weird, bleachy chemical scent!
– Speaking of scents, our school is having a “Student and Faculty” appreciation week that involves a few staff members grilling up some hamburgers and hotdogs. I didn’t get to have any of that yesterday, but I will try harder today. The smell of the grill traveled quickly down the hallways and through the main lobby. It seemed to hit everyone on campus and each student that walked through the lobby would ask something like, “Mmm, who’s cooking out? Where’s the food?” It was a very intoxicating scent for me, too. I had a half day yesterday and work another half day today, so this time I’m going to grab some free lunch before I head home.
– It seems like Thursday nights are my worst nights for getting some sleep. I tend to look forward to Fridays, and so I try too hard to fall asleep. That’s difficult when parts of my brain aren’t quite ready to shut up. I slept terribly last night, though, too, because I knew my work day would be short and I think I was anxious to get it started. Who knows? I tossed and turned. I figured I should get up since I’m not sleeping, but the covers and pillows were in the right spot and I just tried to calm down. The alarm eventually went off and I knew I had about a half hour more to recuperate from sleeping, so I relaxed and kind of observed myself from the inside and noticed that I clench my eyes shut when I’m really trying to sleep. That doesn’t help.
– My friend and I have a new thing that we do at work when one of us or another staff member says something that sounds questionable. We’ll sing “things you should not say at work, doo dah, doo dah…” to the tune of “Camptown Races”. We crack ourselves up.
Happy Saturday! It’s time for this week’s edition of “Saturday Scavenger Shots”, and the lovely Laura picked the word “human”! Let’s play!
I’m a fan of the U.S. version of “Being Human”. When it’s in season, it airs on Monday nights at 9pm EST on the SciFi channel. The season has ended, so now I must wait too long for the next season to start. When a show is addictive, it is only human to get anxious for the show to start again!
Anyway, I have a DVR, and I have recorded all of the episodes. When I’m in the mood to watch an episode or two, I’ll play it back on my TV. I can pause or stop it, too. The last time I hit “stop” while watching the show, I was amused that at the top of the screen it read, “STOPPED Being Human”. So “Being Human”, a show about a ghost, vampire and a werewolf; three roommates that weren’t human but where trying to be human, weren’t human anymore; or at least when I hit the “stop” button. My head’s spinning.
Anyway, that’s mah photo! I hope you enjoyed it! Have a fun weekend!…Oh wait, I was chosen by Laura to pick the next word! For next week, let’s do: PORTABLE.