Hi everyone! Here are some lovely, super-exciting updates for you! I didn’t really try to put these in order, so excuse the randomness. Thank youuuuu!
– Yesterday I met a choir friend for dinner at Applebee’s. The timing was perfect. I arrived at 5:55 and didn’t have to wait. The hostess grabbed a few menus and silverware and then my friend showed up. It was nice to catch up and the food is always so good. I pigged out, but I don’t care. Quesadilla towers and mozzerella sticks are delicioso!
– I’ve been working out a bit at the apartment’s rec room. There’s an older guy there that seems to be a regular worker-outter. He’s friendly but doesn’t invade the personal space, which is nice. He has his weights and pilates ball and I have my treadmill and exercise bike. We watched a little bit of “Enemy of the State” last week. I’m not into that movie, but it did hold my interest and kept me cycling for a half hour. When I left, we said good-bye and that was that for the day.
Then this Monday I went back and was welcomed by loud music. The guy I usually see, who I’ll call “Enemy of the State Guy” was there, along with two other guys and a little girl. Small room for so many people. I could’ve turned around and left, but I held my ground and found a vacant treadmill. Then I turned up my MP3 music for my headset and started exercising. Around the end of my workout, Enemy of the State Guy greeted me and chatted a bit. I asked him how he was doing and he said that it’s hard for him to workout everyday, but once he does he’s glad he did it. Understood! Anyway, I should go back and workout some more this week. It’s been too hot and humid to walk around outside for too long. Once I hop on the treadmill or exercise bike for a half an hour in the air conditioned rec room, I feel less slothy.
– I’m so close to reaching my fundraising goal. My friend won’t be able to walk with me, but she’s going to drive me to the starting point on July 29th. I started to get excited about the event, so I ordered a few T-shirts on the Susan G. Komen site and should be getting them today. Then I need to focus on some supplies for the event – stuff to patch me up if I get blisters, comfy socks, mini bottles of shampoo and conditioner, etc. It’s one of the high points of traveling for me.
– On the 4th of July, my mom and I went to my brother’s place for some grilled steaks. Tasty stuff. Then we played Uno Flash. It’s like the original Uno game but with a flashy game board and sound effects. Still very fun until people take their losses personally. It’s one of the only times a relative can swear at me and I feel proud about it. We take our gaming very seriously. :)
– I just finished the third season of “Dexter” and have reserved Seasons 4 & 5 from the library. It’ll be nice to get all caught up. When the updates start for season 6 when it starts in the Fall, I’ll be on my game! Yay!
Here are the steaks my brother grilled up for us. We are all carnivores.
Here is the chef’s assistant and official taste-tester, Carolina. She was very diligent and did not leave my brother’s side. Very committed to her work.