Why, it’s Friday already! I’m glad, because I have an honest-to-goodness, three-day weekend. Many people do, I know, but sometimes our school is still open on other holidays and a few of us have had to volunteer to sit at the desk and answer phones. Nobody else would volunteer, so my friend and I would do it and just split up the day shift. This time, even if they said someone would have to stay, we both decided we wouldn’t volunteer. They would have to ask someone else. Well, that wasn’t necessary this time. Yay! Anyway, here’s the Friday5 thingy. Play along!
1. What puts you in a creative mood?
– Sometimes it just happens – like if I’m sick of being glued to the computer or I need something to do on a weekend. Other times going to the craft store will trigger me. Usually that’s what really gets me going.
2. What puts you in a silly mood?
– My friends at work and sometimes my family; especially my brothers and nephews. Sometimes they also trigger my creative mood!
3. What puts you in a contemplative mood?
– Walking, definitely. Then at the end of the walk there are benches in front of a little lake. I sit there and do more contemplating. Both the walking and the meditating in nature have helped me sort out things and calm down a great deal. Even had a spiritual experience at that lake.
4. What puts you in a competitive mood?
– Confidence in a particular sport and the thrill of victory. Not so much the agony of defeat. I’d like to avoid that part.
5. If you’d call yourself a talkative person, what puts you in a quiet mood? If you’d call yourself a quiet person, what puts you in a talkative mood?
– If I’m around the friends and family who make me comfortable, or if I’m online and chatting with my good friends, I will feel more encouraged to talk. Movies put me in the mood to talk, too. People talking politics, however, puts me right back into the quiet mood.
Stay tuned for Scavenger Shot Saturday where we make a delicious, affordable recipe out of the word “broke”, chosen by NoR of Woman With No Regrets!