Hey, it’s Saturday and the return of Saturday Scavenger Shots! Woo hoo! I’ve missed this game. To start things off, I chose the word “start”. If you’ve never played before, you need to find photos that are related to the word “start”. Here are some photos I found in my archives:
Whenever I see the American flag, I start to think of “The Star Spangled Banner”.
I posted this photo before the start of our family trip to Canada. This soldier dude was going to watch my desk for me, and he did it well!
Finally, here is the skeleton called “Frank” who was starting to hit the booooze.
That was fun! Did you play today? The next part of the game is to tag someone new to choose the next word. I choose: Laura B.!
How is the last Friday of January treating everyone so far? Here’s the “Friday5” meme for today. They are pretty random this time, but that’s my kinda thing! Have a splendid weekend!
1.What’s your favorite kind of cracker?
– I like Saltines. I can put lots of toppings on it or just eat them plain. Sometimes I crumble them over chicken noodle soup.
2.What part of your residence gets the best natural lighting?
– Both my livingroom because of the large window, and my bedroom. Sometimes if it’s a sunny day, it’ll look like I left lights on. It’s very cheerful!
3.What song have you frequently listened to lately?
– “Roam” by The B52s
4.What could you use a little break from?
– I could use a huge break from Winter. I’m just not a fan, and I want to see grass, flowers, leaves and rainbows.
5.What’s going on in your town this weekend?
– As far as I know, there isn’t anything going on…
I went to choir last night and it was so much fun. Our director was in high spirits and was making us all laugh. We’re singing a huge medley called “The Song of America”, which is song after song after song of patriotic goodness. There are directions written in the music in case you want to put motions with the song, and one of them asks to twirl umbrellas. Our director joked and said that all the women should twirl umbrellas at the concert.
Anyway, I was able to get my CD of our Winter concert! I listened to it last night and wanted to post some songs on here. You’ll find four tracks in the left margin titled “Music” if you want to listen. One of our strongest-sounding songs was “I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas”. Probably because it was so much fun to sing!
Okay, so AlienCG has given me the go ahead to bring back the Saturday Scavenger Shots! Yay! Why don’t we start this weekend? To kickstart the return to this fun game, here is the word we can work on for Saturday: “Start”. Then on Saturday I will tag someone new to choose the next word, as is proper procedure!
I hope everyone had a splendid weekend! Since it was soul-shockingly frigid outside, I stayed in, experimented on food I’ve never tried before and watched movies. I bought two movies on Friday that were available in the 5 dollar bin: “Life” and “Good Fellas”. I’m not a fan of mafia movies, but I liked “Good Fellas” enough to buy it. I guess I liked how it was told through Ray Liotta’s character. There were some funny scenes in it when people weren’t kicking in skulls and burying bodies.
Anyway, as appetizing as that was, I decided to try veggie burgers. I can’t quite tell you what the veggie burger tasted like, because I put onion, mayo, ketchup and mustard on the thing. It offset the idea of eating healthier, I s’ppose! I’ll have to try again with limited toppings to unmask the real flavor. I also bought some vegetarian-style chicken nuggets (they call them “chik’n” since they’re not made of chicken) to try this week too.
Hey, I go back to choir tonight! Yay! I received an email from our choir’s spokesman and before I opened it I was afraid he’d say that it was canceled for tonight. Nope! It’s on! It is so on! He did ask that people bring their copy of Handel’s “Messiah” to rehearsal if they have their own copy. So we’ll be singing songs from “The Messiah”. That brings back memories from high school choir. We pretty much sang the whole thing back then. It’ll be nice to have a familiar piece to sing again!
So I’ve been thinking lately about my blog. I am probably going to get rid of the Eclectic Calendars. You’ve all been so helpful with it, and your ideas have kept it alive for a very long time. Thank you! But when it comes to thinking up my own days, I feel like I’m running out of ideas and lately it is feeling more like a school assignment than a fun project.
What I would love to bring back is the Saturday Scavenger Shots idea from Evil E and AlienCG. I always enjoyed finding the right photo for the chosen word. What say you?
It’s Friday! Isn’t that super?
1. There are superheroes named Superman, Superfly, and Supergirl. Based on your performance this past week in whatever you do, what would have been your Super_____ name?
– Um…hmm…SuperCalm? For the most part this week I was pretty calm. There was a day when we were all trying to figure out a new website for our purchase orders, but once I found out we were all frazzled (and it wasn’t just me), I was able to de-frazzle.
2. This week, what has been superterrific and what has been superlame?
– Super terrific was when someone who hardly posts comments on my Facebook page left me a comment. Super lame was the snow we had yesterday and today. The streets were ugly.
3. Which of Superman’s abilities would have been the most useful this week?
4. What do you most expect will be super this weekend?
– Just relaxing, and I might go see “The King’s Speech”
5. What are your thoughts this week about the coming Super Bowl?
– I hope anyone who’s interested in football has a fun time watching it! I am not one of those people.
Hey there! Not much has been going on with me lately, so I really haven’t been inspired to post. Here are just a few things, though, just for the sake of posting something new…
– Choir practice starts next week for the Spring session. I’m excited! When we sign up we each get an envelope filled with the music we’ll be learning. We also get to pick up the CDs from our Winter concert. That’s when I buy a bottle of wine, go home and listen to the music.
– A few weeks ago I bought a workout DVD about bellydancing. I’ve been doing it almost everyday since then, and I can feel the difference. I overdid it yesterday, so my right ankle was a bit stiff and sore afterwards. It seems okay today, though. This is a segment of what I learn, but the entire workout takes an hour:
– I woke up at 3am this morning and heard the person above me stomping around so much that it was shaking the wall decoration over my head and the glass disk thingy over my bedroom light. I’m fine with that, really, I don’t expect everything to be sound proof. Then I heard someone knocking on a door on the 2nd floor. It sounded like they would knock five times then stop for a few seconds before starting up again. I thought I heard the knocking getting closer, and I wondered if I should get up and make sure my door was locked (which is silly because I check that lock at least three times every night to make sure things are secure, and last night wasn’t any different). Then I heard Elephant Stomper move across whatever room he/she was in, and then the knocking stopped. Thankfully I was able to fall back to sleep.
– Did I mention I have a new desk at work now? It’s really nice, and there have been other changes to the campus, and things are really falling into place there, since the beginning of the renovation. I’ll post photos soon.
Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day! Today we should share our dreams. They can be aspirations or they can be the ones that weird us out at night.
I have to work today and classes are in session as well. The majority of calls so far have been students asking if the school is open. Yup, sorry kiddies! Next month we’ll have a day off for Presidents’ Day.
Anyway…dreams. Someday I’d like to own a little house with a front porch. I’d also like to learn to play violin and speak Japanese. Oh and maybe I’d like to get married someday and raise a family.
I had an actual dream very early this morning, and if I had gone further into it I would’ve overslept. I was on a road and wanted to get to the town I grew up in, but there were only two routes to take. One route was the highway (they petrify me), the other was a road that took me up a mountain and over a bridge (there is a bridge I drive over when I do visit the town). I stopped my car and couldn’t decide which way to go, and that’s when I woke up. I’ve had dreams before that were similar. Sometimes I’d go the highway route, other times I’d brave the steep mountain.
So what are your dreams?