Oh Friday, you’re finally here! I’m so grateful. You always bring me some kind of relief, whether I need it or not. This “Friday5” meme is related to the band INXS. Awesome band, great tunes.
1. What has there been too much of in your life lately?
– Worry and stress over my kitteh! This too shall pass, but in the mean time it’s making me all worried and distracted and stuff. I have decided that I’m in no condition to ever have kids. I’d worry over every little move he/she makes. That doesn’t sound like peace of mind to me.
2. In what areas of your life might you currently be overextended?
– Finances and worry….And a guilt about worrying about finances when worrying about pets. Did I mention I was worried? If I posted about everytime I worried, you’d all be sick to death of me.
3. What seems about to be going into overtime?
– See answer to number 2.
4. In what way does your cup runneth over?
– My cup runneth over when it comes to friends and family being there to make me laugh. I have laughed so hard this week over stupid jokes and weird phrases. If that’s the best medicine, let me overdose.
5. What’s your favorite INXS song?
I love “Devil Inside” and “Never Tear Us Apart”
Hey everyone! If you have any holiday ideas or birthdays to celebrate next month, please share! I will put them on the November list o’eclectic holidays. Thank you, kindly!
I found Mr. Reaper here when my mom and I went to a pancake breakfast down in the Metroparks. Don’t worry, he was only there to support the haunted trail they had set up this month. Here he is being all supportive and stuff.
The name of this week’s Friday 5 reminded me of the sequel to “Grumpy Old Men” called “Grumpier Old Men”. One character was always saying, “Holy Moly!” Anyway, here are my answers to the “Friday 5” meme. Holy moly, I’m glad it’s Friday!
1.What gives you the heebie-jeebies?
– Getting lost in a strange area, especially at night….And spiders.
2.When were you most recently in double trouble?
– I guess finding out that my cat needed some teeth pulled, and having that first vet tell me how much it was going to cost. That’s double trouble! It’ll all be okay, though.
3.What puts you in the mood for some hanky-panky?
– Um…Hm. *Giggle….Blush….Tee Hee*
4.What easy-breezy task is still a pain in the neck to accomplish?
– Vacuuming the floor
5.What area in your life seems especially rife with mumbo-jumbo?
– Work, I guess. But not too much mumbo-jumbo. I can block lots of it out.
Hey! Here’s a new post! Par-tay!
One of my brothers, the one that lives in the same state, is “mad” at me. At first I heard it second hand from my mom. The problem is that I haven’t shown him my new car yet. Yeah, that’s the big drama. When I told him on the phone that I finally got a new car, I said that he’d be able to see it. I didn’t say “right now”, didn’t say “a week from now” or anything definite. He’ll see it when he sees it. Well apparently he wanted me to drive up to his place right that minute. My friend asked, “Um, was that in the lease agreement you signed? Did he help you pay for it?” Nope, he didn’t help me pay for it. Apparently, though, it was in the fine print that, once I got a new car, I was ordered by law to drop everything and go over to my brother’s place to show him the vehicle. I guess that’s a fail on my part! Oops.
He left a VM message for me yesterday just to pester me (you know, the usual chore for a sibling) and then said, “Oh by the way, I hate you because you still haven’t shown me the God-damned car.” Nice, right? How is that incentive for me to do anything for him? Did I miss the flattery in that line? Huh. Of course he doesn’t really hate me and he has a very….erm….interesting sense of humor. He’s just going to have to wait if he wants to see the new Hyundai.
I hope everyone had a great weekend! The weather here was perfect – sunny and not roasting.
I’ve been in a funk lately – been worried about my cat, but to an amount that probably isn’t necessary. We went into one vet clinic last week where we (Skittles and I) learned it would cost more than my rent to have a few of her teeth extracted. I’m not made of money, but I didn’t want my cat walking around with infected teeth. I checked out another pet hospital, and even though I’d have to take Skittles in for yet another checkup, the dental surgery and the initial appointment would be much more affordable.
They take walk-ins on Saturdays, so after Skittles and I came to an agreement (aka: after I closed off her favorite hiding place, chased her down and got her into the carrier while she acted and sounded like I was abusing her), we drove through some congested construction area and eventually arrived (after I passed the place a few times – the sign was hidden by a tree).
At first I wasn’t crazy about the staff. They seemed a bit huffy and cold. Once they had all the paperwork taken care of, and the records from the other clinic were in their hands, they seemed fine, though. The vet was very nice and seemed like she had experience with shy cats before. The vet tech nicknamed Skittles “Velcro” since Skittles digs into and sticks to any surface she can just so that people can’t pick her up without a struggle.
Anyway, yes, Skittles has to have some teeth removed. She’s scheduled for outpatient surgery on November 4th. This works out better because I will have another paycheck in by then. Until that time I need to chill out and stop worrying over every move or sound she makes.
Here are some photos I took with my digital camera this past Sunday. I went for a long and much-needed nature walk, so I went on the Lake-to-Lake Trail again that ends at the playground where I hit the swings and get free therapy. The weather was perfect, and lots of people were out enjoying the same trail. My camera died on my way back home because the batteries were low, but I did manage to get some shots in on the way to the playground.
October 8th was Secret Agent Man’s 24th Birthday! I’m sorry for being late for this celebration! Check out Laura B.’s blog to see the birthday post for her son!
Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You! Happy (Belated) Birthday Dear Secret Agent Man, Happy (Belated) Birthday to Youuuuuu!!
Here is a really cool photo of some Pac Man cupcakes: