Here is the Eclectic holiday list for September! Thank you again for all of your help! I couldn’t have done it without you!
1. Dance the Conga (Gloria Estefan’s Birthday – 1957)
2. Apple Appreciation Day – Do you have a favorite variety?
3. New Stationary Appreciation Day
4. Blog About a School Memory Day
5. Lip Sync to “Bohemian Rhapsody” Sometime Today (Freddie Mercury’s Birthday – 1946)
6. Post a Few “You Might Be a Redneck” Jokes (Jeff Foxworthy’s Birthday – 51)
7. Sing “I Will Survive” at the Top of Your Lungs Today (Gloria Gaynor’s Birthday – 1949)
8. Break in a Pair of New Shoes Today
9. Moving Appreciation Day (Any happy memories about moving out?)
10. Treat Someone to Lunch Today
11. Listen to Jazz Today (Harry Connick, Jr.’s Birthday –
12. Try a New Recipe Today
13. Sing in the Shower Today (Choir Practice Begins!)
14. Prepare Yourself for Colder Weather Today
15. Investigate a Mystery Today (Agatha Christie’s Birthday – 1890)
16. Create an Invite List for Thanksgiving Today (Anyone You Want to Invite)
17. Break Your Routine Today
18. Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement)
19. Analyze Your Most Recent Dream Today
20. Coworker Appreciation Day
21. LolCats Appreciation Day
22. Stinky’s Birthday/Blog About Your Best Fall (Off a Bike, Down the Stairs, etc.) – First Day of Autumn
23. Make a Mixed CD Today
24. Blog About Your Favorite Muppet Today (Jim Henson’s Birthday – 1936)
25. Three More Months Until Christmas Day!
26. Eat Healthier Today
27. Make a Meatloaf Dinner Today (Meat Loaf’s Birthday – 1947)
28. Think of an Unusual Name for a Kid Today (Moon Unit Zappa’s Birthday – 1967)
29. Act Like a One-Eyed Pirate Today (Mackenzie Crook’s Birthday – 1971)
30. Facebook Appreciation Day
This is a photo from the internet, but I love the colors. I love Autumn.
I didn’t notice a new Friday 5 meme until today, so I’m gonna do it right now. Good deal? Let’s go.
1. What did the last hat you wore look like?
I think the most recent one was a baseball hat with the Cleveland Indians logo on it.
2. What’s your strategy for unscrewing those stubborn jar-lids?
I have a piece of rubber that’s used specifically for gripping lids and caps. My mom also showed me how to break the seal with the end of a spoon as a wedge. Then there’s just plain old muscle power.
3. How good are you at keeping a lid on it?
I’m very good at keeping a lid on gossip and such.
4. Here in Hawaii, people are often very self-conscious about their eyelids. How do you feel about yours?
Wow, I never thought about my eyelids making me self-conscious! So I like mine!
5. Are you acquainted with anyone named Lydia?
That was the name of my mom’s Avon lady we used to order from a long time ago. She was a very nice lady, and she became a family friend. We used to play Uno with her during the holidays.
I had a senior moment earlier this week! Yay! At least I’ll be prepared for when I really slip into dementia, right? Anyway, remember when I said I had an appointment this week to get impressions for my teeth so that I don’t grind them at night? Well I left early that day to get to the dentist’s place on time, and then found out that I was there on the wrong day. Right day of the week, wrong week. Ack. I’m set up for next Tuesday.
Since I’m an independent adult and it’s Friday, I just ordered some food to be delivered to Chez Tara. I ordered from Dominoes Pizza, but I didn’t order pizza. They have a chicken habenero sub sandwich that has pineapple in it. I never thought I’d find that a good combination, but I tried it once before and…..well it was beyond tasty. Anyway, I will be enjoying that, plus some breadsticks in all of my rebelliousness.
I’ll be shopping for a new computer on Sunday. In the meantime, hopefully I can stop by the lieberry and check my mail that way. I’ve been doing pretty well going without a computer at home for a few days, but I think I’ll be seeing hallucinations if I don’t get a new one soon.
What are your plans for the weekend? Have a fun, fun time!
Hey everybody! I’m posting this from work because my computer at home has bit the dust. I will be buying a new one. Any suggestions of what brand I should get? I don’t want to spend oodles of cash, but I would like something that has more gigabytes and whoozeewhatszits.
Oh and, since September will eventually be here next week, I’d love to see your ideas for the next calendar! Share your thoughts, pretty pleeeeease!
Here’s another quiz thing from Blogthings:
You Are a Peacemaker Soul
You strive to please others and will compromise anyway you can.
War or conflict bothers you, and you will do anything to keep the peace.
You are a good mediator and a true negotiator.
Sometimes you do too much, trying so hard to make people happy.
While you keep the peace, you tend to be secretly judgmental.
You lose respect for people who don’t like to both give and take.
On the flip side, you’ve got a great sense of humor and wit.
You’re always diplomatic and able to give good advice.
Souls you are most compatible with: Warrior Soul, Hunter Soul and Visionary Soul
I forgot all about the Friday 5 meme, so I’m doing it on Monday. Capice?
1. How picky are you about toothpaste?
Not too picky, but I tend to choose Colgate Total with Whitening.
2. What’s the best cooked dish you’ve had that included mint?
Does pudding count? I know you don’t usually cook pudding, but you do add boiling water to it, so that should count. I add mint to chocolate pudding. Yum!
3. How far would you have to go from where you are right now to get a breath mint?
Maybe just to my purse, I might have a mint in there. Why, are you saying I need one?
4. Got any gum?
It’s at home. I have the BlowPop lolipops.
5. What’s something you keep in mint condition?
Hmm….I’m trying to think of anything that’s in mint condition at my place. My DVDs and VHS tapes, I guess! They’re all in alphabetical order, too.
Well the weekend zoomed by quickly, didn’t it? I had Friday off, so I went to the craft store and bought some more soap-making supplies. Then I spent the rest of the day playing in the kitchen. If I had to wait for soap to cool, I watched some TV. I couldn’t seem to stop making soap, though.
On Saturday, very early, I went to my dentist appointment. I have to go back tomorrow so that they can get me fitted for a mouth piece. I’ll wear it at night to keep myself from grinding my teeth and agitating my lovely TMJ problems. I also had some Xrays done. Those were uncomfortable, and I was glad when the hygienist finished the last one. Ugh, I know those are for my own good, but blech! Otherwise, though, the regular checkup didn’t last very long and I was out of there quickly! I went over to my mom’s place afterwards for some coffee and donuts (my dentist would’ve loved that I bought sugary donuts).
The next thing on the agenda was to meet up with a friend to see “Vampires Suck”. Although there were many scenes that were too stupid, lame or disgusting to laugh at, there were also bits that made me burst out laughing. I don’t usually laugh that hard at a movie in the theater nowadays. Tears were running down my face!
On Sunday I bought a 3-in-one printer with my mom’s blessing. She knew I was having problems with the one I had, and wanted to buy the new one for me. Turns out I might have to take the new one back. I think I messed up in the process of installing the thing, and now it’s not showing up on my computer despite several attempts. I’ll call Kodak when I get home from work today, though. Maybe they can help. It’s a nice looking printer, though! It can print, just not from the computer. I can put my memory card from my digital camera in there and print out the photos that way. But it really should do everything it’s supposed to do, don’t you think?
Anyway, that’s all for now! Tell me what you did this weekend! Hope you all had fun and stuff!
Your Inner Color is Blue
Your Personality: Your natural warmth and intuition nurtures those around you. You are accepting and always follow your heart.
You in Love: Relationships are your top priority, and this includes love. You are most happy when you are serious with someone.
Your Career: You need to help others in your job to feel satisfied. You would be a great nurse, psychologist, or counselor.
Tell me all of your worries and fears. I’m listening. Then I’ll give you a shot in the arm.