Hey peeps! Time for another session of Friday 5, brought to us by the good people at Friday5.org.
1. When was the last time you had a serious deadline to make, and did you make it?
I had to compile some data for my manager’s manager last week, and yup I got it to her on time! Yay!
2. Do you generally plan for deadlines, or are they more likely to sneak up on you until you’re frantic?
If I’m given a serious deadline, I generally do keep to it. Procrastination does sneak in sometimes, though.
3. When did you last set a deadline for someone else, and did that person make it?
I think the closest thing to a deadline I have was for our department to come up with a guest speaker for our upcoming commencement ceremony before I have to turn the program over to our printing vendor. And thankfully my coworker found one this week.
4. How flexible and understanding are you when it comes to other people meeting your deadlines?
Pretty flexible, but people certainly do love to use excuses.
5. What were the circumstances the last time you hung up on someone in the middle of a phone call, or the last time someone hung up on you in the middle of a phone call?
I think the last time was while talking to one of my brothers. He likes to get me and our mom riled up, and it’s actually a joke when we threaten, “I’m going to hang up on you.” So he was teasing me one day and I told him I was going to hang up, but then he continued to mock me and that’s when I hung up. It felt good! As for me, my mom has hung up on me a few times by accident, thinking she was putting me on hold.