– The students in the next room are watching something on TV about the U.S. Constitution, and I had a flashback to elementary school history class. We had to memorize the Preamble to the Constitution and recite it in front of the class. Points were taken off if we forgot the bigger words, but if we forgot “and” “a” or “the”, I don’t think she dinged us too much, if at all. Maybe one point.
– My brother and his family treated both me and our mom to dinner on Sunday night! We went to Applebee’s. Three of them ordered steaks. I tried to be good and ordered a salad for my meal. Didn’t have any beer, either, I had ice water with lemon. I could kick myself for not ordering a steak, the ones my family ordered smelled and looked fantastic. But we did all order dessert, we had dessert shooters! Desserts served in shot glasses! Most of us had the hot fudge sundae, my sister-in-law had the cheesecake. Tasty stuff!
– My mom almost got into a rumble. Not really, but I love the idea of getting into a rumble at a restaurant. Anyway her steak was too tough, and she had problems cutting it. From experience, I didn’t want to reach over and help her because she’d rather do it herself and if she does need my help she will ask. Well someone from the restaurant, maybe a manager, was making the rounds, checking on the customers. She asked how we were doing, and my brother and his wife told her my mom was having problems cutting her steak and could she help her. It would’ve been fine if the woman had just politely cut her steak or, even better, taken it back and replaced it with a better steak. She did help my mom cut the grisely meat, but she was overly sweet, almost condescending, like my mom was senile or something. She also had a habit of putting her hand on my mom’s shoulder, calling her “honey” and acting like they were best friends. She finally left, and my mom turned to me and whispered, “Is she gone?” I told her she was, and she said, “She was just about to get a fork in the forehead if she touched my shoulder again.” Hehe. Excitement in the Applebee’s neighborhood!
– I bought an Asian noodle meal to make at home. It came with the noodles, some sauce and seasoning. I’ve had great experiences with those kits before, so I figured this time wouldn’t be any different. Eek. The noodles tasted terrible and the smell lingered in the air for about an hour afterwards. I threw the stuff away and decided to finish the food I brought back with me from Applebee’s. Much better.
– Here’s a clip of the comedian Tom Shillue, when he talks about a commercial for Philadelphia that made the Constitution sound sexy: