– I made so much progress this weekend with organizing my bedroom. I still had some pictures to hang, and the closet was still hard to look at and close. But now the closet looks all tidy. Even better, I can close the doors! Yay!
– While trying to put up a crate of books on one of the shelves, one of the thick, heavy books slipped off and landed on the bridge of my nose. It hurt and stung and made me put the crate back down on the floor so that I could wait for the stinging to stop. I really should’ve put ice on it, because now there’s a lump and it’s tender to the touch. But I will survive!
– My coworker was chewing some mint-flavored gum today, and it smelled like window cleaner.
– I caught the mail person as I was leaving my apartment after lunch today, and she had one of the movies I ordered! Yay! I took the package from her, got in my car and tore the package open like it was Christmas. I will be watching “Ghost World” tonight! I got the CD on Saturday and enjoyed listening to it this weekend. “Cursed” is the last movie that I’m waiting for, and I hope it comes soon!
– Since I was hooked up with my new cable service, I am loving the fact that I can record stuff automatically without a pesky VHS/DVD player! I’m taking full advantage of it.
– I finally bought the movie “The Color Purple”…Not sure if I blogged about that already, but it’s true. I love that movie, even though the bulk of it is about her being separated from her beloved sister, and her husband, a young Danny Glover, treats her like garbage. But it’s still a great movie and it has tons of memorable moments. And that song “Sister” gets stuck in my head every time. Especially, “Sister, remember your name. No twister’s gonna steal your stuff away.” Love it!
– Tonight I will skip choir practice. I plan to treat myself to Arby’s, have a bubble bath and just unwind. I had every intention of going to sleep early last night, but caught a second wind. It could’ve been the fourth cup of coffee that did it. Hmm. Anyway, then I thought I’d get up earlier, so I set my alarm. Woke up at 5am with not just the radio alarm, but a huge boom of thunder. Yuss. I rolled over so that I could watch the lightening (I saw only one flash before the storm went away) and listen to the rain. It was nice.