1) My mother once: bought tickets for us to fly to Arizona to watch one of my brothers graduate from college. It was my very first airplane ride.
2) Never in my life: have I watched “It’s a Wonderful Life” all the way through.
3) When I was five: I hated taking naps because it cut down on play time.
4) High school was/is: kind of fun and amusing, especially during my senior year.
5) I will never forget: the time spent in Alabama with some of my college classmates, and then seeing Rosa Parks in person on the way home.
6) I once met: Linda Blair. She was at a horror movie convention, signing autographs and posing with fans, in exchange for donations for her animal protection-related charity.
7) There’s this person I know who: told someone, “Tara should work weekends, she doesn’t have a life”.
8) Once, at a bar: my brothers and I ate raw oysters. Definitely an acquired taste.
9) By noon I’m usually: ready for lunch.
10) Last night I: re-watched “Little Miss Sunshine”
11) If only I had: “a million dollars, I would buy you a green dress, but not a real green dress, that’s cruel.”
12) Next time I go to church/temple: I will try to pay more attention to the sermon, rather than let my thoughts wander to Seinfeld episodes that give me the giggles at the most inappropriate times.
13) Terri Schiavo: R.I.P.
14) I like: giving stuff away to charity, partly because it de-clutters my apartment.
15) When I turn my head left, I see: my bulletin board.
16) When I turn my head right, I see: the window.
17) You know I’m lying when: I say that “The Hangover” was hilarious.
18) In junior high: I got even with a boy who insulted me by withholding information from him. He got my old locker in the next semester and forgot the combination, then had the nerve to ask me to help him.
19) If I was a character written by Shakespeare: I’d be Ophelia’s more stable sister…But something tells me I’d still be a little loopy and have a crush on Hamlet.
20) By this time next year I: hope to be back in my old but improved apartment where the water pressure in the shower is much stronger.
21) A better name for me would be: Tara – I’m sticking with Tara.
22) I have a hard time understanding: math.
23) If I ever go back to school, I’ll: learn Japanese.
24) You know I like you if: I don’t call security on you! Isn’t that nice?
25) If I won an award, the first person I’d thank would be: My mom and Skittles
26) I hope that: tomorrow goes fast so that I can enjoy the weekend the way I want – not unpacking anything, not cleaning up clutter, etc.
27) Take my advice: floss everyday. The hygienist won’t nag you as much.
28) My ideal breakfast is: Egg-in-a-nest, sausage, bacon and a side of pancakes with plenty of butter and syrup.
29) A song I love but do not have is: “Shock the Monkey” by Peter Gabriel
30) If you visit my hometown, I suggest: hanging out at the movies.
31) Tulips, character flaws, microchips and track stars: Fragrant, natural, tiny and strong.
32) Why won’t anyone: clean out the lint trays when they’re done with laundry?
33) If you spend the night at my house: you will be comfortable.
34) I’d stop my wedding: if the police broke in and hauled off my fiance.
35) The world could do without: racism, bigotry and arrogance.
36) I’d rather lick the belly of a roach than: eat calimari again.
37) My favorite thing is: a good night’s sleep in a bed with freshly washed sheets, covers and pillows.
38) Paper clips are more useful than: weak staples.
39) And by the way: “You’re welcome!” (Remember Nick Burns, the company computer guy from SNL?)
40) The last time I was (really) drunk: I spilled red wine on a beige carpet.
41) My grandmother always: …raised her kids (at least my mom) to use good manners.