– I don’t remember many things from the French classes I took in school, but I do remember the days of the week in French. Lundi, Mardi, Mercredi, Juedi, Vendredi, Samedi, DiManche. I always loved pronouncing the French word for Friday, Vendredi. It kind of dances out of the mouth. Some of my friends and I would laugh at DiManche for Sunday. It sticks out where as the others have an “ee” sound at the end.
– I asked my mailman today if he had a nice weekend. He did, and asked how mine went. I had every intention of saying, “My weekend went well”, but instead it came out as, “My weekend rent rell.”
– If you hear someone playing Taps with a trumpet, it’s just me (or someone who actually knows how to play a trumpet), mourning the demise of my favorite pen. I had to put it to rest this morning.
– Didn’t get a new car yet. Someone on Friday told me to check the list of cars that are supposed to work with the Cash-for-Clunker stimulus package. I assumed my car would be listed, but unfortunately it wasn’t. Bah humbug. I know that Clunker thing ends today, but I’ll still be looking for a new car. Hopefully during my vacation.
– Bought a new comforter set this weekend. I love new bedding. The package I bought is red and white, with two different designs, so I can reverse them if the mood strikes. It didn’t come with sheets, though, but that’s okay. It came with two throw pillows for decoration. I tested one out when I got home from shopping, and it’s very comfy.
– Finally decided to buy some of those essential oils from the seminar I went to a few weeks ago. I ordered them online and should be getting them later this week. Yay! The kit comes with lavender, lemon and peppermint and then some combination scents including the one called “Joy” which I liked so much.
– I lost five pounds! Yay again! I’ve lost more in the past, but then celebrated by eating too much and regaining the same amount of weight. Hm. I celebrated quietly in my head this time, and didn’t blow the diet.
How was your weekend?
This is an old and kind of fuzzy shot of Skittles when she used to visit my linen closet and rest on the tower of towels.