Thank you very, very much to LB for awarding me the One Lovely Blog Award! Yay! Here it is:
As if that isn’t awesome enough, this particular award is attached to a meme! Here we go:
1. Checking my email – if I don’t want to check Facebook at work or my blog, I know that whatever happens will trickle into my Inbox.
2. Walmart – I’ve actually simmered down about that for awhile – I only go in there three times a week rather than five, six or seven. Once they finish renovating and the transformation from regular Walmart to a Walmart Supercenter is complete, I can’t make any promises.
3. Movie Quotes – I love them, what else can I say? I love recognizing and appreciating a great quote, I love remembering a good quote, quotes have made me laugh…You get the point.
4. Facebook – Damn you, “Fashionista” and “Farm Town”! (waves fist in air)
5. The International Movie Database (aka http://www.IMDB.com) – When I’m in a memory frenzy and need to look up who played who in what movie, I stop whatever I’m doing and look it up on that site.
1. Having an unreachable itch in the middle of my back in the middle of the night.
2. The whole “Jon and Kate Plus 8” saga. I hate waking up to the radio stations talking about it, I hate seeing their faces everywhere…..I don’t get it, nor do I want to.
3. Speaking of radio stations, I hate dislike the fact that 106.5 got rid of the DJs named Brian and Joe. My mom told me about it, and it was a shock to me. Cutbacks I guess, but I was so annoyed by their replacement that I finally converted to another radio station. And then yesterday that other radio station annoyed me too. Guess I’ll have to go station hopping for awhile.
4. Being pressured into confrontations or presentations – our school director wants me to do two teaching sessions this quarter. Doesn’t seem like much to some, but it’s an anxiety nightmare for shy people who don’t like speaking in front of groups. Plus, it’s about resume writing and my associate and I have different opinions. So do I teach what he believes in or do I teach my way and upset the applecart as they say? Or do I wait until we have a department manager and ask his opinion?
5. The situation at work – My associate and I have been stuck in a “steal-caged death match” for too long now, like George Costanza and Lloyd Brawn from “Seinfeld”. There’s talk of a new manager coming soon (waiting on background check), so I pray that he is a very good manager and can lay down the good law and everything will start looking up. Because believe me, when I’m looking for jobs for students and grads, my eyes are peeled for myself as well.
5 Tagged (If you don’t feel like doing the meme, that’s okay – I still love you all and your award privileges will never be revoked)
I chose the blogging chicks too like LB did, because the award does have a flowery, feminine goodness to it. Gentlemen, your time will come. Thank you again for the award, LB!