Okay, thought I’d jump back on the calendar wagon and refer to today’s holiday. I’m not going to list fast food restaurants, but that’ll probably be another holiday. I love fast food, but there are other restaurants to make this particular list.
1. Applebee’s – I love their food, especially the steaks. Some of my friends and family and I have gathered there for fun evenings of eating, chatting and flirting (I went out for a coffee date with a guy from the restaurant – he was a friend of one of my coworkers at McDonald’s and my matchmaking coworker gave me his number). Although the TVs are always on over the bar, they aren’t distracting or too loud.
2. Macaroni Grill – Actually, the main thing I like about this restaurant is the gigantic, warm roll they put on the table with a bowl of extra virgin olive oil sprinkled with herbs. I don’t know of anything else on their menu, I just know they have that roll…Oh and Irish Creme coffee with whipped cream.
3. Sweet Mango – A Thai restaurant I found out about through a former coworker. They opened up a restaurant in my town and I fell in love with the place, especially their dish called Beef Macadamia. Scrumptious. I also love their bubble tea. I know it’s not for everyone, but…well in that case…more for me! Muah ha ha.
4. The Eastland Inn – It’s a little pub in a nearby town. It’s such a nice little place, made even better after smoking was prohibited. My favorite dish of theirs is the stuffed artichoke “boots”. Artichoke hearts stuffed with an herby cream cheese and served with a mustard sauce for dipping. Everything is reasonably priced.
5. Don’s Pomeroy House – This one is considered a rare treat because they have amazing but expensive food. We usually buy our grad speakers a gift certificate to the place, and when we had contests at work the prize was lunch at the Pomeroy House. My mom and I went there for her birthday last year. Their steak and seafood are highly recommended. I also ordered a pan-broiled chicken, or something like that. Some of the juiciest chicken I’ve ever eaten. Very good stuff.
I could mention Olive Garden, Santo’s, Rubi Tuesdays and TGI Fridays, because they also have some nice food (Santo’s makes a mean chicken Parmesan, and I love the salads at Olive Garden), but the list has been made.
What are your top five favorite restaurants?