It’s Friday! What does that mean? Well it means it is Friday! Beginning of the weekend! But it also means that a new meme is up over at Friday5.org. Here t’is.
1. On May First, 1738, King Kamehameha I was born. What are your impressions of Hawaii?
– I’ve never been there, but I imagine it’s a lot like Fantasy Island.
2. On May First, 1873, Dr. David Livingstone died. When did you last presume something erroneous about someone or something?
– It has happened a few times at work. Thankfully not too often, though.
3. On May First, 1876, Mozart’s The Marriage of Figaro debuted. How do you feel about Disney’s animated classic Pinocchio?
– Well when I was a kid I watched it so many times that my mom audibly groans when the movie is mentioned. I remember seeing it at the library once when I was very young. We were served McDonald’s orange drink and some popcorn. A librarian took my hand and led me downstairs to where they were showing the movie.
4. May First is Walpurgis Night in Sweden and other parts of northern Europe. When did you last sing in front of an audience?
– My choir’s Christmas concert in 2008.
5. Me First and the Gimme Gimmes are a punk rock cover band. What song’s cover version do you like better than its original version?
– No Doubt’s “It’s My Life” as opposed to the original song sung by Talk Talk. I like that version too, but the No Doubt version has a cool beat to it.