On my extended weekend, I…
– printed out some photos from my computer and framed them
– took down the huge, artsy cat poster I had on the wall and put up something different that didn’t involve cats
– bought some affordable wall sconces and hung them up on either side of the new portrait.
– cleaned out my linen/movie closet and bought some storage containers to organize some of the other stuff
– moved my movies to the lower shelves so that it’s easier for me to pick out a flick I want to watch.
– cleared out a cabinet under my microwave
– made a container specifically for tools, another for laundry supplies and another one for bug sprays and such
– bought a new Wii game called “Shadow Assassins”, and the guy at the counter suggested I buy the used version for ten bucks less. I took him up on the offer and the used game works just as well. In this new game, I am training to be a ninja and I have to sneak up on guards and kill them off. It’s awesome.
– played more of “House of the Dead” and “Wii Sports”. My bowling skills have been neglected, if I’m not careful I could lose my Pro status on there.
– picked out the movie, “Wolf” from my newly organized closet and watched it while I exercised. I love that movie – Jack Nicholson, Michelle Pfeiffer, James Spader (he plays such an amazing scum bag) and lots of other great actors.
– slept in a few times this weekend, too, but when I vow to sleep in, that usually just means an hour or two past the normal hour I have to get up on a work day. I rarely sleep in till 10 or 11am anymore. Can’t remember the last time I slept in that late.
– gave away about three or four sheet sets and other trinkets I don’t need anymore, then cleaned the sheets I want to keep with the rest of my laundry. All laundry and sheets are freshly laundered, folded and put away.
And you know what else? I didn’t check my work email once. Wasn’t even tempted. Yay!