– I almost fell into a box yesterday. I had one loaded up with some packets and instead of trying to lift it I started pushing the opened box along the floor. All was going well until I hit the border that divides carpet and linoleum and the box stopped but I almost didn’t. Would’ve been kind of amusing but painful at the same time. I looked behind me to see if anyone saw me, but by then I was too amused to care anyway.
– Instead of telling someone that a certain task isn’t part of my department, I think I’ll get in the habit of saying, “It’s not in my jurisdiction.” It sounds more official and Law & Orderish. I had to tell someone that last night, because he was looking at an old photo on the wall of a person who was student of the month last month. He said, “Why don’t they change the photo?”
“Should your photo be up there?” I teased.
“Well…(he shrugged with a grin)…I’m just sayin…”
I told him truthfully that I didn’t know who was in charge of that, and then eventually just told him, “It’s not in my jurisdiction.”
– My Denise Austen VHS arrived in the mail yesterday. It was a “new” VHS too, the wrapping was still on it. So when I’m able to go home at a decent hour this week, I will be able to workout to the tape. I could get one of her more modern DVDs, but I like the system she has going in her Super Stomachs routine.
– I love Hugh Jackman, but I found myself turning the channel during Oscar night, whenever he went into a big, theatrical number. I’m very impatient with those types of things, I just want them to show movie montages and present the awards. I did enjoy them performing the songs that were up for nomination, especially the two from “Slumdog Millionaire”. Oh and how awesome was it to have that get Best Picture? Also got very emotional when Heath Ledger won for Best Actor.
– This past weekend was a time to laugh my head off. Watched a comedian on TV on Saturday by the name of Kevin Hart. I was standing by, watching his special and had to lean against the wall because he had me laughing so hard. Then on Sunday I was enjoying YouTube and watching the bloopers from the later episodes of “Seinfeld”. Tears were running down my face. Total comic relief.
How was your weekend and Monday?