– Last Friday while on my way past the apartment laundry room, something caught my attention. Apparently some elves came in during the day on Thursday an left us brand new, high efficiency washers and dryers! Woot! Even better was that these didn’t require quarters, they are activated by a card you plug into it. No more scrambling for quarters to do laundry! So that night I picked up my card, loaded it up with some money and now I’m set for awhile. I tried the equipment out on Friday night and everything worked well.
– Saturday was spent relaxing and watching movies over at my mom’s place. We watched “Walk the Line” and “Anchorman” again and ate barbecue chicken wings. Deliciouso. When I got home I couldn’t find anything on TV except “Pearl Harbor”. Not a fan of Ben Affleck, but I found myself caught up in the movie anyway.
– Sunday I sat down, focused and got my taxes done. Since I e-filed I will be getting my refunds shortly. Double woot!
– Then Sunday eve, last night, my friend El Fid and I drove out to the exotic east side to meet up with another friend for pizza. We ordered a medium pizza called the Edgar Allan Poe. I wanted to order it just because of the name, but once we got it….wow..excellent pizza. Feta cheese, chopped kalamata olives, garlic and chopped tomatoes. Oh and I ordered coffee too, because our next stop was to go to the Cedar Lee theater to watch the 1985 movie “Clue”. I was getting sleepy after eating, and when I get sleepy I’m extra quiet, so the coffee was a nice pick-up.
– Not only was it amazing that we would be able to watch such a classic, but there were actors in the front of the theater who acted out the entire movie. We were all free to shout out movie lines, and some audience members dressed up like the characters from the movie. Loved it! I didn’t dress up, though, I had no idea people would be getting that into the movie. But now I wish I had. Well eventually I think they’ll be showing “Ghostbusters” there, so hopefully we’ll have the opportunity to dress up then.
– I think I saw “Clue” when it first came out in the theaters, and I loved it then too. There were lines I remembered and I probably had a teensy crush on Tim Curry because of that movie.
– Oh and another thing I loved about seeing this movie again on the big screen is that they showed movie trailers from that year too, like “The Thing” (the John Carpenter version), “Mannequin” and “Adventures in Babysitting”. Nostalgia was in the air!
What did you do this weekend?