Hey everybody! It’s 2009! Yay! What did you do last night (if you can remember)? I did not go out anywhere. I bought a few more movies like “The 40 Year Old Virgin” (which I hated in the theater but it gets me laughing in the comfort of my own home) and “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” (the Tim Burton version). I watched those two last night while snacking on wonderful junk food and some low-carb beer (kind of like eating a Big Mac while drinking a diet Coke). Also watched the marathon on VH1 of “I Love the New Millennium”.
Yes, it was a wild night. Part of me wanted to go out to a bar with people, part of me wanted to just stay in and enjoy my own company. That part won, and guess what? I do not have a hangover, I did not drink too much last night. In fact I had a new, positive outlook about my job this morning. It’s probably the traditional “new year” kind of thought, but I started thinking that, when I go back to work next Monday, I intend to try not to let the little things get to me as much as they have been in the past three or four months. I also intend on getting a haircut within the next few days. Not a trimming, either. It’s time for a new look.
Anyway, enough of that. If you do have a hangover today, you have my complete and total sympathy. Today’s holiday, the first eclectic holiday of 2009, suggested by Churlita, is “Hangover Cures for New Year’s Day. So I looked up some and here is a small but mighty list.
1. Avoid caffeine. It dehydrates your system even more.
2. Sleep. Try to get plenty of rest. (In fact, if you do have a hangover, you shouldn’t even be up reading my blog at the moment.)
3. Drink plenty of fruit juice and water (especially orange juice for Vitamin C)
4. Drink a sports drink like Gatorade or Powerade
5. Eat mineral-rich food like pickles or canned fish. (I can see eating pickles, but when I read that about canned fish, well, yuck.)
Also, here’s an FYI: Drinking pickle juice is a common remedy in Poland.
Hope this all makes you feel better soon! To read more remedies, check out this link.