Yeah, that’s right, you read what I wrote. I said shit. I did not get a solo. Found out tonight when he asked the two finalists…er…soloists to make sure their names were spelled right on the program. I will now list pros and cons of this news:
– At least I tried for those solos rather than wish I had.
– Like my mom said, I can enjoy singing in the concert without being a nervous wreck about doing a solo.
– Tonight during one of the solos, our director changed the notes of almost the entire second solo and the lady has to remember to sing it his way rather than the actual notes that are on the music. The reason I liked that one solo was because I was comfortable with it. Now he changed it. Not my problem anymore!
– I’ve tried for other solos in the past, none of which left me feeling crushed. But I’m thinking it’s a good thing I was disappointed that I wasn’t picked, rather than totally relieved.
– I was ready, people. Ready to do a solo for the first time evah.
– The woman who got the second solo was the one I’ve blogged about in the past…the nervous, constant cackler. She was laughing it up tonight and I was not in the mood to hear her right by my ear.
So that’s it for this time, but I will not go quietly into the night. There will be more solos to try for, so that’s what I can look for next. Yes, I was upset. I cried. It’s in my nature. But I didn’t cry while we were singing, I waited till later. But I’m over it…I think.