Here are some things you should know for today:
– When I went grocery shopping this Saturday, and passed by the meat department, I heard this:
- Older Man: “You’re (such-n-such) years old, you should know what the f*ck you’re talkin ab…”
- Older Woman: “Testimony!” (at least I thought she said that, but that doesn’t make much sense – I just remember that she didn’t scream back at him for swearing at her, and just concentrated on buying meat.)
– Last night I turned off my TV and baked something for the hell of it while listening to my ITunes. Only in my collection can I have a choir song get followed by Gwen Stefani’s “Hollaback Girl”.
– My dishwasher is broken (again), and it decides to break when I have lots of dishes in there. So another thing I did last night was wash dishes the old school way and sing along to the ITunes. Then the rhythm got to me and I had to dance.
– I had to work yesterday, and had a funny moment. To explain it all would be a long story, so I’ll give you the basics. I was instructing a student on how to do something on the computer in a computer lab. More students filed in and I thought they belonged to the same class, so I started giving them instruction too. I basically had ten guys give me blank, but amused looks. Synchronized. The student I was dealing with said quietly, “I don’t think they’re in the same program.” Then I announced to the blank stares, “Oh..Are any of you from (such n such) program?” (Cricket, cricket…silence..then a few snickers). “Okay! Nevermind!” I laughed, they laughed – there was peace in the universe.
– For the longest time up till about six years ago, I said “Squat” Team without realizing it was SWAT Team. My mom finally corrected me when I was telling her I was afraid that the Squat Team was going to come after me when I was working at an office and I forgot the password for the alarm.