– It seems like it has been awhile since I posted about what’s been going on. The other day I was so fed up and tired from work that I let my scheduled postings do the work for me. Once I found out how I could schedule my postings the right way. I had so many thoughts and worries flying at me late last week and early this week that, if I had telekinesis like Stephen King’s “Carrie”, my mind would’ve slammed all the doors and everyone’s heads would’ve spontaneously combusted. For the first time in quite awhile, I dreaded coming into work. The thought of it almost made me cry. Now, though, since a few things are being resolved, the pressure on the tea kettle has been released. I am back to being one with the earth. Or some crap like that.
– Read somewhere that eating foods high in fiber will (don’t worry, I’m not going there) make the stomach feel full. Therefore, you’re less likely to hit the vending machines. The trick is to eat healthy foods high in fiber. So lately I’ve been snacking on rabbit food. Broccoli, I found out, is only tolerable when it’s steamed and/or covered in some kind of cheese. Or just dipped in Ranch dressing. Without that stuff, though, eating it raw makes me think I’m eating from a dumpster. It stinks. Sorry, broccoli.
– I think I need to email a complaint to the people at Target. Or at least the Target in my city. I know that they’re supposed to sell some good stuff, and I have seen some cool things. But my local Target smells like a stale cigarette ashtray. It’s hard to shop there with that stench. There’s no reason for it to smell like that. Honestly, it’s not worth the trip. Walmart smells nicer! I walk in and, because of the Subway restaurant they’ve got in there, I smell freshly baked bread! How cool is that? Also, Walmart has a better selection of clothing. Screw Target.
– Bought a new slipcover for my couch. Wow, what a difference! The slipcover is an olive green, and it’s part spandex. Took me maybe fifteen minutes to put it on the couch and now my couch looks brand new. I love it. Before I found that kind of cover, I was going to buy a new couch. Don’t need to! It looks so grown-up! Then I bought some olive and goldish pillows to go with it. Love those too. My cat hopped up on the couch after all was said and done. She even took a nap on it the other day. If she approves, all is right with the world.
– I’m taking some vacation days during the last full week of September because my brother and his family are coming in from Texas! Yay! Anyway, I’ll get to see my 1-year-old nephew for the first time! I’ve seen pictures, but….well you know…not quite the same.
And I think that about wraps it up for what’s been going on over here. I’m going to bed now.