– I worked a half day on Friday because I had to work on Saturday for a bit. I didn’t expect to work this Saturday, but it works out well since working the next two Saturdays are out of the question. My friend is getting married this coming Saturday and then that next Saturday I’ll be finishing up my week-long vacation.
– Anyway, my Friday afternoon was hectic. I must’ve gone to Wal-Mart four times in that afternoon. Not because I love that place so much, but because I kept forgetting to buy stuff, and at one point on the trip home from one of those trips to Wal-Mart, I heard a pop, and the right lens of my glasses fell out because the molecule-sized screw popped out. Crapsicord. Thankfully, I’m not blind without my glasses, so I made my way home (it’s a short drive), found my old pair of glasses with a slightly weaker prescription, and went for the eyeglass-repair kit I have in a drawer. I thought I had spare screws. Nope! That meant I had to go back to Wal-Mart. This was the same day I decided to buy my first sewing machine, too. I was picking up stuff for that thing too during these excursions.
– Oh, and on a recent trip to my Wal-Mart, I was strolling past one aisle and noticed packs of beer. I stopped dead in my tracks, thinking this was a figment of my strange imagination. My Wal-Mart has never sold alcohol! I glanced down the aisle and saw not only beer but wine on the shelves. Then I looked up and they have a huge sign now that reads, “Yes, Tara! We sell beer now!” At the risk of sounding like an over-eager alcoholic, this discovery made me happy. This meant, in my head, two things; one, it might be a sign that the regular store will be made into a Super Wal-Mart in the near future. The papers have said it’ll become one, but until I see proof, I’m gonna be skeptical. And 2, I don’t have to go to two different stores if I want a little wine. If I’m at Wal-Mart for other crap and want some wine, I don’t have to go to the stinky gas station nearby that constantly smells like burned pastrami.
– Anyway, I hemmed the petticoat that’s part of the sari I’m wearing for my friend’s wedding, my mom helped me take out the top so that it would fit better (if I had known how easy it was to fix that top, I could’ve done that myself, but I consider it another useful lesson), and I practiced more on how to wrap my sari. It is not like wrapping a towel after a shower, there are more steps, and five different styles (that I know of) to choose from! I also experimented with some hairstyles for the big day. I have bangle bracelets now, but I should buy more, my coworker has some Bindi that I can have, too. I’ve got the jewelry that I ordered months ago, and I’m just about ready for it all. The one thing that is a minor problem is my shoes. I wore them around this weekend, stretched them out, put cushioned tape in the back of them, and although they are more comfortable than they were when I first bought them, they are still hard on my heels. I’m gonna put a bunch more cushioning on the shoes and on my heels so that my shoes don’t cause anymore discomfort. I intend to dance till I can’t dance no mo’ this weekend. Shoes will not slow me down.
– Do you want to know where I’ll be vacationing next week? I’m sure you are just dying to know! It’s a nice place. The skies are usually a fairy-tale blue, the grass is fresh-n-green, the weather is….er…one surprise after another and the locals are fairly decent. The food is eclectic, local wildlife surrounds the area, there’s even a cat that even visits regularly. If you’re looking for swimming excursions, there’s a lovely pool nearby. You can even fish in the nearby pond. Have you guessed yet? No other place but the tropical, luxurious Chateau de Tara, located off the coast of Ohio in the United States of America. I’ll send you all a postcard.